Fachbereich Mathematik und
Angewandte Mathematik - Stochastik
German-Tunisian Doctoral Training in Applied Stochastics
Universität Wuppertal Lehrstuhl Stochastik, University Tunis "El Manar"
Financial crises motivates the research in progress in mathematical modeling, where interest rates with jumps are involved in the model. In general, financial crises motivates the training of young scientists on financial stochastic models including jumps, making theoretical knowledge in stochastic processes driven by non-Gaussian noise necessary. The stochastic groups from BUW and the Laboratory of Stochastic Analysis and Applications in Tunis plan to develop an intensive training for German-Tunisian researchers, Ph.D. and qualified Master students in the following subjects:
- Stochastic financial models
- Calibration through ergodicity and large deviation analysis
- Statistical methods for financial models
- Systemic risk analysis through copula .
Prof. Dr. B. Rüdiger (Bergische Universität Wuppertal), Prof. Dr. H. Ouerdiane (University Tunis "El Manar").
Implementation of the project:
- A. The stochastic group of BUW will visit the Laboratory of Stochastic Analysis and Applications of the University Tunis "El Manar" from 13.10.2013 to 26.10.2013. During this period both groups from Tunis and BUW will progress in the research problem with Trabelsi as well as deliver courses for approx. 30 students.
- B. The stochastic group of Tunis will visit the stochastic group at BUW from 01.12.2013 to 22.12.2013 and will progress in research with C. Trabelsi, as well as in possibly new research problems discussed during the visit in October in Tunisia. Both groups from Tunis and BUW will deliver (one week) courses for 6 selected Tunisian students. The courses will be open to German Ph.D. and Master students from BUW (having already the required background, in case of continuation of the courses started in Tunis).
The schedule of the courses at BUW is available here (pdf).
A. Courses on Mathematical Finance and Numerical methods at the University Tunis "El Manar" 21.10.2013-25.10.2013:
- Prof. Dr. B. Rüdiger, "Different methods used for modeling financial assets in and outside financial crises-a challenge for young researchers", 2 hours.
- Prof. Dr. B. Rüdiger, "Stochastic differential equations with non-Gaussian Levy noise", Part I, 6 hours.
- M. Sc. B. Hakwa, "Numerical methods for copula", Part I, 8 hours.
- Prof. Dr. Ouerdiane, "Introduction to infinite dimensional distribution theory", 10 hours
- Dr. Peng Jin, "Introduction to ergodicity properties and applications to financial models", Part I, 8 hours.
B. Courses at BUW 02.12.2013-06.12.2013:
- Prof. Dr. B. Rüdiger, "Stochastic differential equations with non-Gaussian Levy noise", Part II, 8 hours.
- M. Sc. B. Hakwa, "Numerical methods for copula", Part II, 8 hours .
- Prof. Dr. Ouerdiane, "Invariant and unitarizing measures", 8 hours
- Dr. Peng Jin, "Introduction to ergodicity properties and applications to financial models", Part II, 8 hours.
- Prof. Dr. H. Gottschalk, "Hands on Training Course: Quantitative trading and option pricing with R", 8 hours